Can I build gcc so -Wall option is always on ?
Dennis Clarke
dclarke@blastwave.org
Thu Dec 24 17:01:00 GMT 2009
> I'm helping on the Sage maths project
>
> http://www.sagemath.org/
>
> where there are a large number of packages built, most of which ignore
> CFLAGS.
> (Quite a few ignore CC and CXX too!) I'd like to display all the warnings,
> but
> its hard when people overwrite CFLAGS.
>
> Is there a way I can build gcc such that effectively "-Wall" is enabled
> all the
> time?
>
> If not, could anyone point me to where in the source code I might be able
> to
> hack it, to build a version which displays all the warnings?
>
> I think it would actually be quite a useful option to have when one
> configures gcc!
>
> i.e
>
> configure --prefix=/some/dir --always-display-all-warnings !!!
>
That isn't the only option I'd like to enforce. :-)
Merry Christmas David, you were really awesome and helpful this year. I
certainly hope that I can gain access to that HPUX server of yours again
in the new year and finish off GCC 4.3.4 as a reasonable package. Maybe
now that it is colder you will have a reason to leave it running longer
and generate heat :-)
--
Dennis Clarke
dclarke@opensolaris.ca <- Email related to the open source Solaris
dclarke@blastwave.org <- Email related to open source for Solaris
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list