Multiple entry for .text section in executable file

Jeffi Edward.J j.jeffi@yahoo.co.in
Sat Dec 19 15:35:00 GMT 2009



Hi,

I compiled a huge application using powerpc gcc cross compiler. When I
parsed my .out file, using readelf program, it displays multiple entry for
.text section.

NAME                       TYPE            ADDR          OFFSET         SIZE
.text.func1               PROGBITS      ........
.text.func2               PROGBITS      ........
.text.func3               PROGBITS      ........
...
...
.rodata._ZTIN10        PROGBITS      ........
.rodata._ZTVSt9ty     PROGBITS      ........
....
....

Certain symbols displayed in text section ( e.g func1, func2 functions) are
part of my application. But symbols displayed in .rodata section (_ZTIN10,
_ZTVSt9ty,..) are not at all part of my application. I really don't have any
clue.

Could you please explain the reason why its displayed? Is there any problem
in compilation/linking?

best regards,
Jeffi Edward

-- 
View this message in context: http://old.nabble.com/Multiple-entry-for-.text-section-in-executable-file-tp26853585p26853585.html
Sent from the gcc - Help mailing list archive at Nabble.com.



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list