upgrade gcc (from 4.3.2 to 4.4)
charfi asma
charfiasma@yahoo.fr
Fri Dec 18 18:23:00 GMT 2009
Hello evrybody,
I need to upgrade my gcc to gcc4.4. I use to compile my C++ file with gcc4.3.2 that comes with mandriva 2009 (I did not install it alone).
I try upgrade using # apt-get install gcc
the result is :
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
gcc is already the newest version.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 removed and 0 not upgraded.
although the used gcc is not the newest version:
# rpm -qi gcc
Name : gcc Relocations: (not relocatable)
Version : 4.3.2 Vendor: Mandriva
Release : 3.1mnb2 Build Date: mar. 24 nov. 2009 19:15:09 CET
Install Date: jeu. 17 déc. 2009 13:48:59 CET Build Host: titan.mandriva.com
Group : Development/C Source RPM: gcc-4.3.2-3.1mnb2.src.rpm
Size : 12600797 License: GPLv3+
Packager : Mandriva Linux Security Team <security@mandriva.com>
URL : http://gcc.gnu.org/
.....
I download the gcc-4.4.2-5mnb2.i586.rpm to install it but I can not: some packages are not satisfied: gcc-cc[==4.4.2_5mnb2] do not satisfy.
This rpm is available for mandriva 2010.
the question is, can I install gcc4.4 in my mandriva 2009 ?
If yes, How can I upgrade gcc without performing all long instructions of gcc installation explained here http://gcc.gnu.org/install/index.html
If I am obliged to reinstall gcc, which is better, installing it from svn sources or from mirrors (I have downloded both files) ?
How can I find if GMP, MPFR or MPC are installed or not in my library search path? (which command to use )
Thank you very much
Asma
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list