How to include a front end to gcc ?

Greicy.Costa-Marques@imag.fr Greicy.Costa-Marques@imag.fr
Thu Dec 10 20:55:00 GMT 2009


Hi John,
I don't know if the problem is the GMP end MPFR, sincerely I'm lost..
And the file Make-lang.in is there in /hello-world (this is my front end).

Any tip?

sincerely,
greicy


  Makefile:1156: .././../gcc-4.2.4/gcc/hello-world/Make-lang.in: No
>> such file or directory
>
> It appears that gcc-4.2.4/gcc/hello-world/Make-lang.in is missing.





Citando "John (Eljay) Love-Jensen" <eljay@adobe.com>:

> Hi Greicy,
>
>> I installed the GMP end MPFR. The versions are shown below and as  
>> well the result the configure and the make booststrap:
>
> Although this may not be relevant to your issue at hand, have you  
> tried to let GMP and MPFR be built by GCC?
>
> As per the alternative having them built together with GCC:
> http://gcc.gnu.org/install/prerequisites.html
>
> GMP...
> """
> Alternatively, if a GMP source distribution is found in a  
> subdirectory of your GCC sources named gmp, it will be built  
> together with GCC.
> """
>
> MPFR...
> """
> Alternatively, if a MPFR source distribution is found in a  
> subdirectory of your GCC sources named mpfr, it will be built  
> together with GCC.
> """
>
> In general, I've found this alternative to be better (more reliable)  
> than having GMP and MPFR pre-built.
>
>> I work with the windows xp (then I used msys and mingw)
>
> You may want to consider also asking your GCC configuration  
> questions on the MSYS and MinGW forum(s).  Not that this forum is an  
> inappropriate forum, but there are probably GCC particulars that  
> require special understanding to build and use GCC in the MSYS  
> and/or MinGW situation.
>
> I do not use MSYS or MinGW*, so I do not have specialized knowledge  
> for that situation.
>
> * I have nothing against them, and would definitely use them if I  
> had a need for them.
>
>> $ ./../gcc-4.2.4/configure --enable-languages=hello-world
>
> Okay.
>
>> Makefile:1156: .././../gcc-4.2.4/gcc/hello-world/Make-lang.in: No  
>> such file or directory
>
> It appears that gcc-4.2.4/gcc/hello-world/Make-lang.in is missing.
>
> Sincerely,
> --Eljay
>



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list