Warning when using const pointer to fixed size array

Aaron Rocha hxdg21@yahoo.com
Tue Dec 1 15:43:00 GMT 2009

> I am one.

Sweet! Then I got to the right person :)

> 6.7.3 Para 8: "If the specification of an array type
> includes any type
> qualifiers, the element type is so qualified, not the array
> type.  For
> two qualified types to be compatible, both shall have the
> identically
> qualified version of a compatible type."

Thanks for the clarification, Andrew. This is all I needed to know.

Apparently, the standard is slightly different for C++ because I don't
get a warning in the same situation. This is the clarification I was
seeking regarding the C standard.

Thanks a bunch