relocation table: -Wl,--emit-relocs

Ian Lance Taylor iant@google.com
Thu Aug 27 14:06:00 GMT 2009

Jorge PEREZ <jorge.perez@invia.fr> writes:

> I need to modify a program after it compilation using gcc, for that I
> need the relocation table which I obtain using the option
> -Wl,--emit-relocs and then I output using read(elf). The thing is that
> in this relocation table only appear the relocation information for the
> SETHI & CALL instructions but not the JMPL which I also need. Does
> anyone know how can I obtain the relocation information for the JMPL and
> other indirect jumps?

You didn't mention which processor you are using, and I can't guess.  In
general you will not get relocations for branches within a single object
file.  In some cases gas will emit relocations if you pass it the -relax
option.

This question doesn't actually have anything to do with gcc proper, and
would be better directed to binutils@sourceware.org.

Ian