Switching between interfaces without knowing derived object.

Ian Lance Taylor iant@google.com
Thu Aug 20 16:09:00 GMT 2009

Hardeep Singh <hardy_hardeep@yahoo.co.in> writes:

> Your hint made me look into the symbol information exposed by a
> library. I found out that by giving -rdynamic flag to the linker while
> building the application, resolved the problem. It includes the
> dynamic symbol information into the executable. See below the
> email. For this sample program it does increase the executable size by
> 500 bytes.
>
> Can someone comment on cons of passing this flag to the linker.
> Does it increase search time in look-up tables?

Probably not.  The dynamic linker uses a hash table to look up symbols.
Adding symbol may increase the size of the hash table, but in general
the effect on lookup time should be small.

> Should i even worry about it ?

No.

Ian