Generation of GENERIC tree

Ian Lance Taylor iant@google.com
Tue Apr 28 14:59:00 GMT 2009

"Renuka Selvaraj" <renukaselvaraj@acmet.com> writes:

> Please let me know how to generate GENERIC tree from parse tree and relative
> documents if any.

To generate GENERIC you call a bunch of buildN functions.  I recommend
looking at any gcc frontend other than the C/C++ frontends to see how it
is done (the C/C++ frontends are not great examples for this because
they actually use GENERIC as the parse tree, so they don't do any
conversion).

I unfortunately don't know of any serious documentation for this.  In
general the interface between the frontend and the middleend is not
really documented.

Ian