Compile for Freescale MCF5275

Ian Lance Taylor iant@google.com
Mon Apr 27 21:12:00 GMT 2009

"Michael Tsao" <michael.tsao@realcomtec.com> writes:

> I am new to cross-compiler. Now I need to find an open source compiler to
> build MCF5275 codes. It is similar to the dBUG program come with their
> evaluation kit. I have both cygwin and linux environments. Could you help me
> on what I need and how I can build images, and maybe makefile options?

gcc is a compiler.  The MCF5275 uses a ColdFire microprocessor.  gcc
supports the ColdFire, so as far as compilers go, gcc will suffice.

However, in order to build images you will also need a C library and a
board support package.  You can probably use newlib for the C library.
I don't know about the board support package.

Ian