Compilation error with gcc4.3 wchar.h:335: first defined here collect2: ld returned 1 exit status *** Error code 1 clearmake: Error: Build script failed for

Ian Lance Taylor iant@google.com
Wed Apr 22 21:24:00 GMT 2009

linux linux <compile.gcc@gmail.com> writes:

> Some background of this error. I have add these 6 line to my .cpp file
> to avoid some error(error: '__extern_inline' does not name a type)
>
> #ifndef __extern_inline
> #define __extern_inline
> #endif
> #ifndef __wur
> #define __wur
> #endif

This should not be necessary.  __extern_inline should be defined by
sys/cdefs.h.  You should find out why that is not happening.

Defining __extern_inline to be empty is never correct.  There are two
possibilities, and sys/cdefs.h should select the right one.

Ian