ld: error no .eh_frame_hdr table will be created.

Ian Lance Taylor iant@google.com
Fri Apr 17 23:31:00 GMT 2009

LinuxUser9 <bvrit_abc@yahoo.com> writes:

> Thanks for the explanation of the error. Now just want understand the
> debugging process on how I can fix this issue. Following is some more
> information:
>
> - libx.o is compiled by the current version of gcc (4.3.2)
> - If the above object is removed from the build, I no longer see the
> eh_frame error.
> - Is there any C++ implementation problem, that would cause an issue in the
> object?
> - Note that all objects use the same compiler but only inclusion of certain
> objects cause this error.

If you get this error with objects compiled with the same version of the
compiler, then this sounds like a bug.  I don't know if the bug is in
gcc or in the linker.  If you have time and you can provide the object
file, please open a bug report against gcc; there are instructions in
http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html .  Thanks!

Ian