Missing -isystem include-fixed when building canadian cross libgcc

Ian Lance Taylor iant@google.com
Thu Apr 2 21:41:00 GMT 2009

Georg-Johann Lay <avr@gjlay.de> writes:

> I'd like to build a canadian cross configured with
>   --host=i586-mingw32
>   --build=i686-linux-gnu
>
> Everything goes fine except building libgcc because limits.h cannot be
> found, as include-fixed is not in include path.
>
> The problem looks like this: For a native build, i.e. host=build,
> libgcc/Makefile sets CC to
>> CC = [target-gcc-build-dir]/./gcc/xgcc -B[target-gcc-build-dir]/./gcc/
> but for host != build it is
>> CC = [target-gcc]
> without adding [target-gcc-build-dir]/./gcc/include-fixed
> to the include directory search path my means of -isystem.
> However, this directory contains the limits.h.
>
> I fixed the problem as indicated in the diff attached by adding the
> include-fixed to GCC's configure.
>
> Is that the right way to fix that?

Looks about right to me (technically the patch should be to
configure.ac, as configure is a generated file).  If you have time,
would you mind opening a bug report on this?  Thanks.

Ian