internal compiler error: in avail_expr_eq, at tree-ssa-dom.c:2055

John Fine johnsfine@verizon.net
Thu Apr 23 12:11:00 GMT 2009

The thing I'm compiling is too complex (and proprietary) to even attempt
to create an example I could provide in a bug report.

I'm using gcc4.3.2

The error message is

internal compiler error: in avail_expr_eq, at tree-ssa-dom.c:2055

The reported line in my file being compiled (with all the names changed) is
template<> inline void A<B>::C(D& E, F G)

Where
A is a class template
B and D are simple classes
F is a typedef defined in a base class of A (as a pointer to a simple class)

That line is correctly followed by the function body.

That same construct (changing only B) appears in hundreds of other places with no problems.

Can you give me any suggestions on what to try and/or generally what the error message might mean?