QUery regarding target macros ELIMINABLE_REGS and CAN_ELIMINATE.
Ian Lance Taylor
iant@google.com
Thu Apr 23 06:19:00 GMT 2009
sumanth <sumanth.gundapneni@redpinesignals.com> writes:
> I tried what you suggested and now my soft frame pointer
> gets eliminated with hard frame pointer.
> The problem here is I am not getting the correct debugging
> information generated by compiler for local variables.
> Eg: HARD_FRAME_POINTER_REGNUM is R11 FRAME_POINTER_REGNUM is RFP.
> Now , as you mentioned I replaced RFP with R11 , my debugging
> information gets corrupted.
> ""But if I hard code my FRAME_POINTER_REGNUM with R11 instead of
> RFP , I get the correct debugging information""
> and I do have certain problems in build with above replacement and
> the generated code is not as reliable as expected.
In what way is the debugging information incorrect? Is it incorrect for
local variables, or function parameters, or both?
Ian
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list