Can I build gcc 4.2.4 for 64 bit Intel Solaris 10 on a 64 bit Linux machine?
Ian Lance Taylor
iant@google.com
Fri Apr 17 15:29:00 GMT 2009
<randux@inmail.sk> writes:
> I have a 64-bit Intel Solaris 10 installation which comes with an old
> version of gcc and doesn't have Ada language built at all. I want to
> use the same level of gcc-Ada on my Solaris box as I have on my Linux
> machines.
>
> I have a 64 bit Linux box with gcc 4.2.4 and Ada language was included
> in the build.
>
> Can I build a complete gcc toolchain (I don't want gcc-java, but I do
> want Ada) on my 64 bit Linux box with a 64 bit Intel Solaris target?
> How do I get started?
You need to first build a GNU/Linux -> Solaris cross-compiler, including
Ada support (configure with --target=sparc-sun-solaris), and then use
that cross-compiler to build a Solaris hosted compiler (configure with
--host=sparc-sun-solaris --target=sparc-sun-solaris). Copy all the
Solaris system libraries and header files onto your GNU/Linux box, and
use --with-sysroot when building the GNU/Linux -> Solaris
cross-compiler.
This kind of thing is awkward and often requires some reading of
configure scripts and Makefiles, but it is possible.
Ian
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list