C++ Bug or (my) Interpretation error

me22 me22.ca@gmail.com
Sun Sep 14 23:06:00 GMT 2008

On Sun, Sep 14, 2008 at 18:45, Arthur Schwarz <aschwarz1309@verizon.net> wrote:

> Thank you both for answering. I don't know what  'UB' is but:
> I would have expected operator precedence to force evaluation of the left side of the == operator for complex expressions, and left-to-right associativity to mandate the execution ordering otherwise. My inexperienced interpretation of a post-increment is:

UB is Undefined Behaviour.

Operator precedence does not affect the order of evaluation of the
arguments to the operation, just as the order of evaluation of
arguments to a function call is undefined.

You may be interested in this entry in the FAQ Lite:
http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/misc-technical-issues.html#faq-39.15