Gfortran
William Miner
william.miner@enig.com
Tue Sep 16 17:05:00 GMT 2008
When I try to use gfortran I get the following;
x42071d54:~/blas williamminer$ gfortran -c blas.f90
dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/lib/ libiconv.2.dylib
Referenced from: /usr/local/bin/gfortran
Reason: Incompatible library version: gfortran requires version 7.0.0 or
later, but libiconv.2.dylib provides version 5.0.0
Trace/BPT trap
x42071d54:~/blas williamminer$
So I think that I need to update libiconv. So I go to the GNU site
http://www.gnu.org/software/libiconv/#downloading and I see
The latest release is
http://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/libiconv/libiconv-1.12.tar.gz
So I look in /usr/lib and I see that I have
lrwxr-xr-x 1 root wheel 16 Jun 17 2007 libiconv.2.2.0.dylib ->
libiconv.2.dylib
-rw-r--r-- 1 root wheel 987544 Aug 18 11:17 libiconv.2.dylib
lrwxr-xr-x 1 root wheel 20 Jun 17 2007 libiconv.dylib ->
libiconv.2.2.0.dylib
Which looks suspicious to me (I just inherited this computer) because it
looks like it has version 2 but is trying to fool the system into thinking
that it has version 2.2.0. But in any case it certainly has a newer version
than 1.12.
I¹m have a 1.8 GHz PowerPC Mac G5 running OS 10.4.11.
Thanks!
Buff Miner
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list