Assembler error when trying to build GCC

David Daney ddaney@avtrex.com
Mon Sep 15 18:28:00 GMT 2008


Alex Austin wrote:
> /cygdrive/c/Projects/toolchains/gnuarm/gcc-build/./gcc/xgcc -B/cygdrive/c/Projects/toolchains/gnuarm/gcc-build/./gcc/ -B/usr/local/toolchains/arm-elf/bin/ -B/usr/local/toolchains/arm-elf/lib/ -isystem /usr/local/toolchains/arm-elf/include -isystem /usr/local/toolchains/arm-elf/sys-include -O2  -O2 -g -O2  -DIN_GCC -DCROSS_COMPILE   -W -Wall -Wwrite-strings -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wold-style-definition  -isystem ./include  -Dinhibit_libc -fno-inline -g  -DIN_LIBGCC2 -D__GCC_FLOAT_NOT_NEEDED  -I. -I. -I../../gcc-4.2.0/gcc -I../../gcc-4.2.0/gcc/. -I../../gcc-4.2.0/gcc/../include -I../../gcc-4.2.0/gcc/../libcpp/include  -I../../gcc-4.2.0/gcc/../libdecnumber -I../libdecnumber -fleading-underscore -DL_udivsi3 -xassembler-with-cpp -c ../../gcc-4.2.0/gcc/config/arm/lib1funcs.asm -o libgcc/under/_udivsi3.o
> ../../gcc-4.2.0/gcc/config/arm/lib1funcs.asm: Assembler messages:
> ../../gcc-4.2.0/gcc/config/arm/lib1funcs.asm:754: Error: undefined symbol `__udivsi3' in operation
> ../../gcc-4.2.0/gcc/config/arm/lib1funcs.asm:754: Error: can't resolve `.text' {.text section} - `__udivsi3' {*UND* section}
> make[2]: *** [libgcc/under/_udivsi3.o] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/cygdrive/c/Projects/toolchains/gnuarm/gcc-build/gcc'
> make[1]: *** [stmp-multilib] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/cygdrive/c/Projects/toolchains/gnuarm/gcc-build/gcc'
> make: *** [all-gcc] Error 2
> 
> Configure line is:
> 
> ../gcc-4.2.0/configure --target=arm-elf --prefix=/usr/local/toolchains --enable-interwork --enable-multilib --enable-languages="c,c++,objc,obj-c++,java" --with-newlib --with-headers=../newlib-1.15.0/newlib/libc/include --with-cpu=arm946e-s --with-fpu=fpa
> 

Are the cross as and ld installed in the prefix location *and* are they 
included in the PATH?

If not, you may be trying to use the build system's as in the compile.

David Daney



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list