Multilib

Alex Austin alex.austin@spectrumdsi.com
Fri Sep 5 03:43:00 GMT 2008

Running the following command does not seem to do what is expected.

$ CC=distcc\ gcc ../gcc-4.2.0/configure --target=arm-wavecom-openat --prefix=/usr/local/arm-wavecom-openat/ --enable-interwork --enable-multilib --enable-languages="c,c++,objc,obj-c++" --with-newlib --with-headers=../newlib-1.15.0/newlib/libc/include

I've added the following lines to config.sub in gcc, binutils, and newlib:

 ### Let's recognize common machines as not being operating systems so
+       -openat)
+               basic_machine=arm-wavecom
+               os=-elf

After running make all-gcc and make install-gcc, I get the following output:

$ arm-wavecom-openat-gcc -print-multi-lib
.;
thumb;@mthumb

Where is the interworking support I asked for? What do I need to do to enable it? I've also seen some references to a file called t-arm-elf, but I can't find it anywhere in this distribution, and when I do download one from gnuarm.org, I can't figure out where to put it.

Thank you,
- Alex Austin