Building a Gcc cross-compiler for a new system (init not working)

Thomas Epperson epperson@doors-software.com
Mon Oct 13 11:07:00 GMT 2008

> Please reply to the mailing list, not just to me.  Thanks.
>
> crti.o and crtn.o will define the _init and _fini functions for you.
> If you can't use them, then you need to define them yourself.  And
> then you need to arrange for your startup code to call _init.
>
> Different newlib targets do this in different ways.  There is no
> uniformity.  The relevant code often lives in the libgloss directory.
>
> Ian

Thanks, this is what I couldn't find. The i386 directory doesn't have
any mechanism for crti.o and crtn.o. Looks like I will be modifying
another directories and putting it there. The xstormy16 target looks
like a good candidate for this.