Building a debuggable cc1plus.

Brian Dessent brian@dessent.net
Thu Oct 9 00:18:00 GMT 2008

Simon Hill wrote:

> Should:
> [make STAGE1_CFLAGS="-g3 -O0 -save-temps" all-stage1]
> build cc1plus? or is this just for cc1?
> I don't see any errors at the bottom, but a search finds no cc1plus.
> (The -save-temps is added here because the page says "Assuming you've
> produced preprocessed source).

That's correct, as languages other than C are not built until stage3
when bootstrapping.  You can --disable-bootstrap and you should end up
with all enabled languages built with the preexisting host compiler.  In
that case you might have to set plain CFLAGS instead of STAGE1_CFLAGS
since there is no staging, but double check the generated makefile to be
sure.

Brian