socket programming

Sven Eschenberg eschenb@cs.uni-frankfurt.de
Fri Nov 7 13:10:00 GMT 2008

The socket is not bound to a process anymore after killign the process.
But it might depend on the type of socket, if the port will be available
again.
For further information see the socket api documentation.

I assume you are using stream sockets, if so, this is realted to the
inner workings of the tcp protocol.

netstat should give you an overview of you sockets and their states.

Regards

-Sven