Forward declaration issue (error: previous declaration of 'tst' was here)

Hani Ayoub hani.ayoub@live.com
Sun Nov 30 11:07:00 GMT 2008

Hi,
I've a forward declaration problem...

Have this files:
=======
tst.h
=======
typedef struct _tst{
        int x;
        int y;
} tst;

=======
tst2.h
=======
#include "tst.h"
typedef struct _tst tst;

int foo(tst t);

=======
tst.c
=======
#include <stdio.h>
#include "tst2.h"

int foo(tst t){ return 1; };

int main()
{
        tst hani_tst;

        return 0;
}

when compiling: "gcc tst.c tst2.h tst.h" I get the following errors:
In file included from tst.c:2:
tst2.h:2: error: redefinition of typedef 'tst'
tst.h:4: error: previous declaration of 'tst' was here
tst2.h:2: error: redefinition of typedef 'tst'
tst.h:4: error: previous declaration of 'tst' was here

The problem is that "tst" is redefined... but I cannot change "tst.h"
file...
Any advice to a solution would be appreciated!