*** buffer overflow detected *** error

ying lcs yinglcs@gmail.com
Sun Nov 30 01:04:00 GMT 2008


On Fri, Nov 28, 2008 at 8:54 PM, Brian Dessent <brian@dessent.net> wrote:
> Brian Dessent wrote:
>
>> The runtime abort may be a false positive, or it may be indicative of a
>> real bug.  From your backtrace it is the checked replacement version of
>
> And already fixed apparently:
> <https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/firefox-3.0/+bug/263014>
>
> Brian
>

Thank you Brian.

I assume the fix is in (from the attachment in the bug)
http://launchpadlibrarian.net/17177324/xulrunner-1.9_1.9.0.1%2Bbuild1%2Bnobinonly-0ubuntu2.debdiff

Can you please tell me how can I apply it?

I 'cd' to my mozilla directory and then do 'patch -p0 <
xulrunner-1.9_1.9.0.1+build1+nobinonly-0ubuntu2.debdiff', I get a
'File to patch' prompt.I don't know what to do.

And i try 'cd' to my 'mozilla/xulrunner', and do the same thing, I get
the same prompt. I don't know what to do.

Thank you for any pointer.



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list