GCC suggestions needed
Tom St Denis
tstdenis@ellipticsemi.com
Mon Nov 17 13:38:00 GMT 2008
Niklaus wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've an online judge system where i take the source code submitted
> by an user and compile it to an executable and then run it against a
> predetermined input to produce an output which is checked against a
> predetermined output. This determines the results as Correct, Wrong or
> Compile error.
>
> The languages are C,C++,java.
>
> Please suggest solutions for the below problems
>
> 1) How to tell gcc to stop after the first error. I use both gcc
> 4.2 and gcc 3.4. I tried -Wfatal-error and -Wfatal-error it says
> unrecognized option.
>
<snip>
I'm going to suggest for the good of all humanity, that the person who
is judging a comp.sci challenge should probably be able to script up an
automated testing harness such that you can do something like
for f in *.zip; do ./run_test.sh $f; done
At the high level (say submissions are zip files or whatever) and then
your shell script unpacks, tries to compile, run, compares, etc.
Just saying...
Tom
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list