finding gcc's installation prefix

Michael Haubenwallner michael.haubenwallner@salomon.at
Thu Nov 13 17:13:00 GMT 2008

On Thu, 2008-11-13 at 10:45 -0500, Paul Jarc wrote:
> (I'm not subscribed here; Mail-Followup-To set.)
<snip>
> as it was spelled in
> "./configure --prefix=...".  That spelling is an absolute path with no
> double slashes or .. elements, but it does have symlinks.
<snip>
> Is there any reason this change shouldn't be applied upsteam?

Maybe unrelated to your patch, but I'm wondering why you didn't
encounter something like http://gcc.gnu.org/PR29831 (with gcc-4.1.1,
although still unconfirmed). Because of this, I'm always trying hard to
avoid configuring with --prefix containing symlinks.
But haven't tried gcc-4.3 yet.

/haubi/