Gfortran installation

Vardhan, Sundara (GE Infra, Energy) sundara.vardhan@ge.com
Sat Nov 8 12:48:00 GMT 2008

Hi All

I am in the process of compiling gcc4.3.2 for Linux. All goes well till
it starts compling libgfortran. I get several multiple defintion erros
on different functions, for example :

/usr/include/bits/stdio.h:123: multiple definition of `feof_unlocked'

Then the compile exits with an error. The configure command used was :

Configure --prefix=/usr/local --disable-nls --enable-threads=posix
--disable-multilib --with-mpfr=/usr/local
--enable-languages=c,c++,fortran

I am trying to install this in order to see if this compiler will fix
spin lock issue in my application which seems to be there when compiled
with gcc 4.2.4.

The existing compilers used are gcc 4.3.1 and gfortran for compiling gcc
4.3.2 suite.

I would very much appreciate your help and advice.

With Regards

Vardhan