e500 architecture and branch instructions
Claude Vittoria
claude.vittoria@gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 15:38:00 GMT 2008
Hi,
I get some issue with branch instructions with the e500 architecture.
I wrote this code.
===============================
.section .text,"ax",@progbits
nop
nop
nop
bl 4
nop
b 4
nop
nop
bla 4
===============================
When I dump the object code I get that.
asm.o: file format elf32-powerpc
Disassembly of section .text:
00000000 <.text>:
0: 60 00 00 00 nop
4: 60 00 00 00 nop
8: 60 00 00 00 nop
c: 48 00 00 05 bl 0x10
10: 60 00 00 00 nop
14: 48 00 00 04 b 0x18
18: 60 00 00 00 nop
1c: 60 00 00 00 nop
20: 48 00 00 07 bla 0x4
===============================
In EREF: A Reference for Freescale Book E and the e500 Core b and bl
are identical in jump functionality. But the compiled code is
different and the jump is done to bad place.
Thanks for the help,
Claude
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list