fedora9 with its gcc 4.3 doesn't compile nginx 0.6.3x while fedora8 with gcc 4.1.2 does
Pawel Eljasz
peljasz@yahoo.co.uk
Tue May 20 16:49:00 GMT 2008
Hi Andrew,
yes, that is just what you said, or at least author has now issued a
patch which
adds that inclusion in to ngx_linux_config.h, superbly suggested, thanks
but what still puzzles me, as said earlier I'm not a programmer and
merely started my acquaintance
with rpmdevtools, so how come that this same source code gets built with
rpmbuild
on the very same machine that makefile fails to compile???
can you Andrew at least roughly point me?
cheers
ps. file eclosed herewith if anyone struggles with compiling nginx on f9
Andrew Haley wrote:
> Pawel Eljasz wrote:
>
>> Hi Andrew,
>> I don't think so, there is an inclusion of what you mention, not
>> directly in the file which fails
>> besides, what I said, why it's just fine on fedora8 but not f9, and both
>> sets are pretty much
>> default distros, surely with regards to the compiler and related stuff
>> and to me, but with reservation I ain't a programmer,
>> declaration/definition of IOV_MAX is
>> in /usr/include/bits/stdio_lim.h
>> isn't it?
>>
>
> Yes. Defining IOV_MAX where it shouldn't be defined was a bug that
> we fixed. It's important to realize that defining a macro where it
> shouldn't be defined is a bug, just as not defining a macro where it
> should be defined. In this case IOV_MAX shouldn't be defined unless
> _XOPEN_SOURCE is defined.
>
>
>> cheers
>> and Hi Tom,
>> I actually asked them before I posted here, and creator of the program
>> said that is
>> highly probable it's related to my build environment
>> the same code works on fedora8
>> cheers
>>
>> and! I grabbed source version from devel repo, nginx-0.6.31-1.fc10.src.rpm
>> I could build a rpm from it on f9, so? what is that, fedora patches?
>> if yes, which part? if I may ask?
>>
>
> It's hard to tell for sure, but ngx_posix_config.h does
>
> #define _XOPEN_SOURCE
>
> which is enought to make a simple test work:
>
>
> #define _XOPEN_SOURCE
>
> #include <stdio.h>
> #include <limits.h>
>
> int main()
> {
> printf ("%d\n", IOV_MAX);
> return 0;
> }
>
>
> Andrew.
>
>
-------------- next part --------------
An embedded and charset-unspecified text was scrubbed...
Name: patch.iov_max
URL: <https://gcc.gnu.org/pipermail/gcc-help/attachments/20080520/e4de5001/attachment-0001.ksh>
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list