error: missing terminating " character while modifying md file

Omar Torres gcc.omar@gmail.com
Tue May 13 04:10:00 GMT 2008

On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 9:55 PM, Tim Prince <tprince@myrealbox.com> wrote:
> Omar Torres wrote:
>

> > I believe the problem is mysterious ^M.
> > What could be causing this?
> >

>  Use of a Windows-centric editor, without attention to its options?

Tim,
 You just solved this puzzle for me.
 I have always used Xemacs on a Linux system to modify the file, but
apparently the file was originally created on a windows environment (I
assume). So, based on this assumption, I used the dos2unix tool to
convert the text to be Unix compliant and now the problem is fixed!

 I was assuming that Xemacs takes care of this type of conversion...

Thanks a lot!
-Omar