GSoC - GCC Multithreaded linker

Daniel P. Volpato danielpv@inf.ufsc.br
Mon Mar 24 00:04:00 GMT 2008

Hi all,

I'm interested in applying for Google Summer of Code and wanted to work
in some project in the area of parallel/multi-core programming. Looking
through the GCC GSoC Wiki page I found a subject that sounds really
interesting to me in the "Speed Up" section: Multithreaded linker.
Could anyone give me more information about this, since it lacks a
description in the wiki? The idea is to parallelize the current linker
or build one from scratch. What are the requirements?

Thanks,
Daniel

PS: Sorry if this isn't the appropriate mailing list for this question,
but I couldn't find a better one ;)