Exception handling on AIX5.3 with gcc 3.4.6
Brian Dessent
brian@dessent.net
Thu Mar 20 16:36:00 GMT 2008
[ Don't CC: a million different @gcc.gnu.org lists, the whole point of
having them separate is so that people's mailboxes aren't flooded with
mails, which you render ineffective by sending a copy to every list.
gcc@ especially is about development of gcc not help using it. ]
Shlom Marom wrote:
> If I compiled the program with shared lib-gcc and with the pthread
> libstdc++ - everything works fine and also the base exception is being
> caught as it should.
> ...
> Shared linking: gcc -o tester_shared main.cpp -pthread -I.
> -shared-libgcc -L/usr/lib -ldl -lpthread -lstdc++
> Static linking: gcc -o tester_static main.cpp -L/usr/lib/threads
> -pthread -I. -static-libgcc -L/usr/lib -ldl -lpthread `gcc
A shared libgcc is pretty much required for proper exception handling, I
just don't think you're going to be able to get around that. This
should hold true for pretty much every target so the fact that it works
with static libgcc on Linux is by accident, or perhaps luck.
Brian
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list