workaround for "error: more than 30 operands in 'asm'"?

Segher Boessenkool segher@kernel.crashing.org
Fri Mar 14 10:22:00 GMT 2008

> I wonder if we could do something more sensible than simply using the
> constant 30.  Perhaps some function of FIRST_PSEUDO_REGISTER, like
> FIRST_PSEUDO_REGISTER+20, or FIRST_PSEUDO_REGISTER*2 or even
> MAX (FIRST_PSEUDO_REGISTER, 29).  This would at least solve the problem
> here.

Why is there a maximum here at all -- some hugely non-linear
algorithm or so?

FIRST_PSEUDO_REGISTER is 114 for rs6000, that would be a bit high
in that case.  If it's really just an arbitrary maximum, with no
deeper reason behind it, why not just up it to 1000 and be done
with it for the next ten years ;-)

Segher