Alignment issue on x86_64?

John Fine johnsfine@verizon.net
Wed Jun 25 11:56:00 GMT 2008

Rémi Cardona wrote:

> While trying to slim down my current code to a comprehensive
> test-case, I found out that my original bug can also be "fixed" by
> moving the "utils_atom_get_property" function inside the same source
> file as the one calling it.

I'm sure all of the minor changes that fix or unfix the problem are just
changing the value that happens to be left over in those uninitialized
32 bits.

None of that affects the real bug, which depending on the ABI might be
the fact that those 32 bits are uninitialized, but more likely is the
fact that those 32 bits matter, which in turn might be a bug in the
called routine or might be a gcc bug in compiling the called routine.