AW: STL without libstdc++

Timothy C Prince tprince@myrealbox.com
Mon Jun 16 18:08:00 GMT 2008



-----Original Message-----
From: "Timothy C Prince" <tprince@myrealbox.com>
To: martin.kaul@leuze.de
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 17:22:57 +0000
Subject: Re: AW: STL without libstdc++



-----Original Message-----
From: "Kaul, Martin" <martin.kaul@leuze.de>
To: <gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 16:15:48 +0200
Subject: AW: STL without libstdc++

Hi

> -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
> Von: gcc-help-owner@gcc.gnu.org [mailto:gcc-help-owner@gcc.gnu.org]Im
> Auftrag von Michael T
>
> I would like to ask whether it is possible to use the STL
> with g++ without
> having the object code depend on libstdc++?
Take a look to http://www.dietmar-kuehl.de/cxxrt/

Together with http://sourceware.org/newlib/ you also do not need libstd


__________________________
Does newlib support C++ exceptions mainly with sjlj; if so, is that considered disadvantageous compared with libstdc++ ?
I suppose these alternate libraries are considered mainly for targets where libstdc++ isn't supported.


___________________
For the targets where I've seen newlib used, libstdc++ is built on top of it, so there's no STL support without libstdc++.  libstdc++ may be linked statically, so that that it is not required at run time.


Tim Prince



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list