Why g++ does not emit any information for a local variable in a template class member function?
Peng Yu
pengyu.ut@gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 16:11:00 GMT 2008
On Wed, Jun 4, 2008 at 3:54 AM, Andrew Haley <aph@redhat.com> wrote:
> Peng Yu wrote:
> Redirected to gcc-help.
>
>> I have the following code. I try to print the variable temp in the
>> constructor of A. But gdb can not do that. The error message is shown
>> blow the C++ code.
>>
>> According to the people from gdb mailing list, it is because that the
>> compiler (g++) does not generate information for such variable in the
>> debugging mode. Is it a bug of g++. BTW, I'm using g++ of the
>> following version
>
> It's not a bug as such, since we've never guaranteed to generate complete
> debug information. Perhaps this should be considered an enhancement
> request, rather than a bug.
>
> If you go to http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/ and type the search terms
> "c++ debug info" you'll find several related bug reports.
Is this feature even not available in the latest GCC distribution?
Thanks,
Peng
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list