Function Prototype Generation
Tim Prince
TimothyPrince@sbcglobal.net
Tue Jun 3 00:39:00 GMT 2008
Bob Smith wrote:
> Tim Prince wrote:
>> Bob Smith wrote:
>>> I was using MS Visual Studio for a C-only project and want to switch
>>> for various reasons. One reason not to switch is that I can't find
>>> a way to get gcc to generate function prototypes automatically.
>>> MSVC has a switch (/Zg) which they list as deprecated to do this.
>>>
>>> 1. Am I missing something in gcc?
>> Do you mean gnu protoize?
>
> That name sounds intriguing. From what I can glean from Google, it is
> an optional part of GCC and doesn't appear to be distributed with any
> of the binaries for the Windows platform. I've downloaded gcc from
> DJGPP, GNU, and MingW without finding that function.
>
> Any other places I should look?
>
It's included in the cygwin gcc source and binary distribution:
Mon Dec 18 00:56:14 2006 44836 usr/bin/*protoize*.exe
Mon Dec 18 00:56:14 2006 30568 usr/bin/gcov.exe
Mon Dec 18 00:56:14 2006 96277 usr/bin/cpp.exe
Mon Dec 18 00:56:14 2006 39680 usr/bin/un*protoize*.exe
Mon Dec 18 00:56:16 2006 94741 usr/bin/gcc.exe
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list