gcc linking
Dima Sorkin
dima.sorkin@gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 08:18:00 GMT 2008
Hi.
I link LAPACK and BLAS in the following way:
With static libs, I use "-L" and "-l" options (read the gcc manual on these).
With dynamic libs, I pass their names as is to the linkage command.
Suppose your (static) libs are
/usr/lib/libclapack.a
/usr/lib/libcblas.a
/usr/lib/libatlas.a <-- optionally, if you have ATLAS installed.
On linking, do:
gcc -o my_exe my_obj1.o my_obj2.o -L/usr/lib -lclapack -lcblas -latlas
Dynamic libs:
/usr/lib/libclapack.so
/usr/lib/libcblas.so
On linking, do:
gcc -o my_exe my_obj1.o my_obj2.o /usr/lib/libclapack.so /usr/lib/libcblas.so
Regards,
Dima.
On 6/24/08, mcwalker@purdue.edu <mcwalker@purdue.edu> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to link the CLAPACK/CBLAS libraries with a C program using gcc (on a
> RedHat Linux machine). I know where the library file is located, but don't know
> how to link with it. I did not install the libraries myself, but I've been
> assured that they are compiled. Is there something I need to change in the
> environment variables? I don't know which version of gcc I am using. If I can
> clarify any information needed for this query, please let me know.
>
> Thank you,
> Mike Walker
>
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list