Alignment issue on x86_64?

Rémi Cardona remi@gentoo.org
Mon Jun 23 15:36:00 GMT 2008


Andrew Haley a écrit :
> Or it may be that gdb is misleading you.
> 
> How do you know that the parameters to this call are wrong?

Because the Xlib call does not return what I expect it to. After the 
shuffling I described, gdb gives me all the right values (which is not 
proof on its own, I agree) but the Xlib call returns the right data and 
the rest of the program works as expected.

> The .i file after preprocessing would help.  Use -save-temps to get it.

Attached. The diff between atoms.i before and after my patch only shows 
the code change (around line 10109), the rest is strictly identical.

> Are you using -Wall ?

Yes, no warning of any sort at build or link time.

Thanks

-- 
Rémi Cardona
LRI, INRIA
remi.cardona@lri.fr
remi@gentoo.org
-------------- next part --------------
An embedded and charset-unspecified text was scrubbed...
Name: atoms.i.bug
URL: <https://gcc.gnu.org/pipermail/gcc-help/attachments/20080623/a49c557c/attachment.ksh>


More information about the Gcc-help mailing list