glibc crashes: realloc(): invalid next size
Andrew Haley
aph@redhat.com
Mon Jun 23 10:52:00 GMT 2008
Shamir Stein wrote:
>
> I'm using gcc with eCos OS on an ARM926 platform (embedded variant).
> I have an entire application written in C which compiles perfectly.
> I recently started adding C++ code to the application and at some point
> glibc began crashing with the following message:
> *** glibc detected ***
> /gnutools/arm-elf/bin/../lib/gcc-lib/arm-elf/3.2.1/../../../../arm-elf/bin/l
> d: realloc(): invalid next size: 0x096f2358 *** if I remove the C++ modules
> from the makefile, the problem disappears, so I guess I'm misusing gcc.
> what am I doing wrong here?
In the absence of the actual code it's hard to tell.
I don't suppose it's possible for you to run the code on an x86 platform,
is it? If you could do that, you could find the bug with Valgrind.
Andrew.
> I'm using the same make rules for all sources.
>
> help here will be appreciated as I'm already considering moving to C.
>
>
>
> cheers
> Shamir Stein-Ackerman
> SW team leader
> FibroLAN ltd.
> Tel: +972-4-959-1717/x117
> Fax: +972-4-959-1718
> Mobile: +972-52-599-3003
> Skype: shamirstein
> MSN Messenger: shamirstein@hotmail.com
> www.fibrolan.com
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list