coldfire and soft-float
Luigi 'Comio' Mantellini
luigi.mantellini@idf-hit.com
Thu Jun 19 09:27:00 GMT 2008
On gio, 2008-06-19 at 12:23 +0300, Kai Ruottu wrote:
> Luigi 'Comio' Mantellini wrote:
>
> > Kay, Thanks for your support.
> >
> > this is the config.gcc (part of):
> >
....
> >
> > The target m68k-*-linux* doesn't set any tmake_file... I think that the
> > following should be added :
> >
> > tmake_file="m68k/t-floatlib m68k/t-mlibs m68k/t-m68kbare"
>
> The 'm68020/m68881' and 'mcf5475' seem to be the defaults for Linux but
> 'm68020/msoft-float' and 'mcf5206' for uClinux... So here we should talk
> only about those (two) uClinux configurations. The 'oldabi' one or the
> "new GNU/Linux-style ABI" being needed?
>
> The startups, C library names memory layout ("flat") etc are different
> between GNU/Linux and "Linux with uClibc" aka uClinux...
>
Are you sure about uClinux = Linux+uClibc? I know (but I can be wrong)
that uClinux is Linux without MMU. I'm using a full Linux (2.6.23) with
MMU...
> Ok, here seems to be a really silly bug, the target name
> 'm68k-linux-uclibc' isn't using the right (here 'm68k-*-uclinux*')
> template at all !!! It uses the 'm68k-*-linux*' template which of
> course is totally wrong :( Also all the other uClibc systems are
> expecting the '-uclinux', not the de-facto '-linux-uclibc' target
> name, only the new 'bfin-*-linux-uclibc' seems to be "updated" to
> use the new name...
>
Again, this sound strange for me...
> When seeing this, I remember there being patches for GCC in the
> uClibc case which changed these templates. But they never were
> moved to the GCC sources I think...
>
> So please simply change the first template name to be :
>
> m68k-*-linux-uclibc*) # Motorola m68k/ColdFire running uClinux
> # with uClibc, using the new GNU/Linux-style
> # ABI.
>
> and then see what you will get !
Ok. I will try it.
Thanks a lot,
luigi
--
______ Luigi Mantellini
.'______'. R&D - Software
(.' '.) Industrie Dial Face S.p.A.
( :=----=: ) Via Canzo, 4
('.______.') 20068 Peschiera Borromeo (MI), Italy
'.______.' Tel.: +39 02 5167 2813
Fax: +39 02 5167 2459
Ind. Dial Face Email: luigi.mantellini@idf-hit.com
www.idf-hit.com GPG fingerprint: 3DD1 7B71 FBDF 6376 1B4A
B003 175F E979 907E 1650
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list