problem with gprof profiling when using cross compiler

m_ahlenius@comcast.net m_ahlenius@comcast.net
Tue Jun 10 21:39:00 GMT 2008

Hi,

I am not sure if this is the right place to ask this question.

I am trying to use gprof for a cross-compiled exe for the Gumstix platform (Marvell PXA270 processor).   When I cross-compile the code with the "-pg" option and run it on the Gumstix platform, I get the gmon.out file.  When I run gprof on either the Gumstix platform (with the exe file too) I get proper function counts, but all the timing values are 0.

When I bring the gmon.out file up to my linux desktop the result is the same - correct counts, but zero timings. If I compile the code on my desktop for the i386, it works fine and I do get timing info.

Any idea what i could be doing wrong?

thanks

'mark