malloc always returns null

Duane Ellis duane-gcc-help@duaneellis.com
Mon Jul 21 06:18:00 GMT 2008


Ted Phares wrote:
>>> I'm actually not sure.  I'm using binaries compiled by the vendor 
>>> that supplied the hardware debug tool & development environment for 
>>> my target system.
>>
>> Hm.. You paid for your GCC eh?
>> You then probably paid for support from your GCC vendor. You should 
>> ask your vendor for the support you paid for.
>
> Indeed, we paid for a piece of hardware--a JTAG interface--that 
> happened to come with GCC already set up to compile C (but, 
> inexplicably, not C++) for this target.
>
> Unfortunately, the vendor hasn't been very helpful, and it's looking 
> like one of those situations where if I want it done now, I need to do 
> it myself.  (I also don't mind going through this exercise--it's given 
> me a much better understanding of gcc configuration.)
>
> Thanks for your all your suggestions; I'll investigate further.
>

Check out:

    http://lostarm.sourceforge.net.

It might be helpful.  It does *NOT* support C++, the intent was "tiny 
platforms", C++ is bloat when you have less then 32K of ram & 256K flash.
Perhaps I should add C++ support. 

But... it shows you how to do all kinds of stuff.

-Duane.





More information about the Gcc-help mailing list