malloc always returns null

Ted Phares tphares@ybad.com
Sat Jul 19 21:54:00 GMT 2008


Thanks for the suggestion, however I'm not sure what list you're 
referring to.  Can you provide a link?

Thanks,

-ted


Andrew Haley wrote:
> Ted Phares wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm attempting to configure the gcc 4.0.3 tool chain to compile c++
>> source on an ARM 9 (ARM926-ejs) target.  At this point, everything seems
>> to be working except malloc:  It always returns the null pointer.
>>
>> I'm wondering if I've correctly configured my .ld script indicate the
>> location and size of the heap.  It was put together with a bit of
>> guesswork & patching together examples for other targets, since it's not
>> clear to me what symbols malloc() relies upon for locating the heap (is
>> this documented somewhere?).
>>
>> Below are the command lines i'm using for compile/assemble/link & the ld
>> script.  Do they look substantially complete?
> 
> Questions like this really need the expertise of the binutils list.
> 
> Andrew.



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list