rs6000-ibm-aix4.3.0.0 cross compiler

Steve Edwards edwardss@whl.co.uk
Wed Jul 30 13:56:00 GMT 2008


Hello,

I am sorry if this is not the correct mailing list for this type of
question.

I was attempting to build a cross compiler on i686-pc-linux-gnu to
target rs6000-ibm-aix4.3.0.0 (I have already had some success
targeting i686-pc-mingw32 and sparc-sun-solaris2.6)

I configured with:

../src/combined-patched/configure --prefix=/cross
--target=rs6000-ibm-aix4.3.0.0
--with-sysroot=/cross/sysroot/rs6000-ibm-aix4.3.0.0
--enable-languages=c,fortran --with-gmp=/usr/local
--with-mpfr=/usr/local --disable-multilib --disable-nls

and built and installed okay.

A hello world test program in C worked fine but I encountered the
following trying a fortran build (which was the one I was most
interested in):

/cross/test> ../bin/rs6000-ibm-aix4.3.0.0-gfortran -o check2 check2.f
-save-temps
collect2: init function found in
object /lulu/edwardss/cross/lib/gcc/rs6000-ibm-aix4.3.0.0/4.3.1/../../../../rs6000-ibm-aix4.3.0.0/lib/libgcc_s.a

In case anyone is interested, the check2.s file was identical to the
check2.s file as produced by a native gfortran on
rs6000-ibm-aix4.3.0.0-gfortran which worked correctly.

The chec2.f file (just for the sake of completeness) is:

      program check
      print*,'Hello World.'
      end

I am hoping that someone may be able to make some suggestions about how
I can investigate further with this - I'm a bit stuck at the moment.

Steve
-- 
----------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list