GCC build on FreeBSD 7.0 questions
Unga
unga888@yahoo.com
Wed Jul 30 11:48:00 GMT 2008
Hi all
I have successfully (I hope) build GCC 4.3.1 from sources on FreeBSD 7.0 on i386. New compiler's file references are correct but weired. I prefer to fix it and appreciate any help in that regards. Here are more details:
The configuration line used:
../gcc-4.3.1/configure --prefix=/usr --enable-shared --enable-threads=posix \
--enable-languages=c,c++,fortran,objc,obj-c++ \
--libexecdir=/usr/libexec --infodir=/usr/share/info --mandir=/usr/share/man
echo 'main(){}' > dummy.c
cc dummy.c -v -Wl,--verbose &> dummy.log
1) grep -o '/usr/lib.*/crt[1in].*succeeded' dummy.log
/usr/lib/gcc/i386-unknown-freebsd7.0/4.3.1/../../../crt1.o succeeded
/usr/lib/gcc/i386-unknown-freebsd7.0/4.3.1/../../../crti.o succeeded
/usr/lib/gcc/i386-unknown-freebsd7.0/4.3.1/../../../crtn.o succeeded
/usr/lib/gcc/i386-unknown-freebsd7.0/4.3.1/../../../crt1.o is actually /usr/lib/crt1.o, why not refer directly?
How it refer /usr/lib/libc.so is as -lc (/usr/lib/gcc/i386-unknown-freebsd7.0/4.3.1/../../../libc.so)!
How to fix this?
2) Some files are installed in /usr/lib/gcc/i386-unknown-freebsd7.0/ and /usr/libexec/gcc/i386-unknown-freebsd7.0/. I prefer files to be installed in /usr/lib/, /usr/libexec/, etc. Eg. crt* files (crtbegin.o, crtend.o, etc) to be installed in just /usr/lib/ . How to get this done?
3) I don't think I need header files in /usr/lib/gcc/i386-unknown-freebsd7.0/4.3.1/include and
/usr/lib/gcc/i386-unknown-freebsd7.0/4.3.1/include-fixed. Normally they pollute build environment. Any way to not install them too?
Kind regards
Unga
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list