Compiling gcc 4.2.3 in Solaris 10

Ian Lance Taylor iant@google.com
Tue Jul 29 15:06:00 GMT 2008


"Vardhan, Sundara (GE Infra, Energy)" <sundara.vardhan@ge.com> writes:

> I am currently in the process of compilig gcc-4.23 in order to install the same. After a few compiles, I get the following error and the compile aborts.
>
> /cots/gnu/gcc-4.2.3/host-sparc-sun-solaris2.10/gcc/xgcc -B/cots/gnu/gcc-4.2.3/host-sparc-sun-solaris2.10/gcc/ -B/usr/local/sparc-sun-solaris2.10/bin/ -B/usr/local/sparc-sun-solaris2.10/lib/ -isystem /usr/local/sparc-sun-solaris2.10/include -isystem /usr/local/sparc-sun-solaris2.10/sys-include  -c -o crt1.o -x assembler-with-cpp ../.././gcc/config/sparc/sol2-c1.asm
>
> xgcc: error trying to exec '/usr/local/sparc-sun-solaris2.10/bin': execv: Permission denied
> make[3]: *** [crt1.o] Error 1
> make[3]: Leaving directory `/cots/gnu/gcc-4.2.3/host-sparc-sun-solaris2.10/gcc'
> make[2]: *** [all-stage2-gcc] Error 2
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/cots/gnu/gcc-4.2.3'
> make[1]: *** [stage2-bubble] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/cots/gnu/gcc-4.2.3'
> make: *** [bootstrap] Error 2
>
> Any ideas or pointers?

Incorrect use of the --with-as configure option?

It looks like xgcc is executing a directory when it tries to execute
the assembler.  I don't think that can happen without explicit
misconfiguration.

Ian



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list