using inline functions
Michael Meissner
meissner@the-meissners.org
Thu Jul 3 00:17:00 GMT 2008
On Wed, Jul 02, 2008 at 03:21:06PM -0700, neuuubie wrote:
>
> I am studying c++ and use Turbo C 3.0 and gcc(djgpp2.9.5, mingw3.4.2).
>
> To examine how the inline functions work, I used gcc/tcc -S source.cpp
> command.
>
> But when I made some functions inline,
>
> tcc made it really inlined, and no CALL was made for the funtion.
>
> but gcc didn't.
>
> I googled the WEB and used '-finline-functions' option.
>
> but it also didn't work.
>
> With optimize level 3('-O3') , the result assembly code was too optimized to
> reconize something.
>
> (gcc removed all my test-purpose codes)
>
>
> Is there any way to see the assembly code, '-O0' + '-finline-functions' ?
Generally the compiler needs the information used with normal optimization
levels (-O) to be able to inline functions.
--
Michael Meissner
email: gnu@the-meissners.org
http://www.the-meissners.org
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list