g77 compiler

Tim Prince tprince@myrealbox.com
Tue Jan 22 20:12:00 GMT 2008


Tom Browder wrote:
> On Jan 21, 2008 3:58 PM, Usha Govindarajulu <usha@math.bu.edu> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>   I am trying to use the g77 program to compile multiple .f files with one
>> main file, i.e.:
>>
>> g77 -o Makefile beta.f set_up.f final.f
>>
>> I would like to know how to output the error messages that appear on the
>> screen to a text file.  I tried what was suggested with -e errfile but
>> this did not work.  I appreciate your help.
> 
> If you're using *nix and a c shell you can do:
> 
>   % g77 ... >& compile.log
> 
> and all stdout and stder will be captured in file 'compile.log'.
> 
> If you're a bash user you can do:
> 
>   % g77 ... > compile.log 2>&1
> 
> to do the same thing.
> 
> Good luck if you're on Windows.
> 
For any version of Windows cmd shell which didn't go off support at
least 2 years ago, it's the same as the suggestion for bash.



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list