g++ Compiler help...

John (Eljay) Love-Jensen eljay@adobe.com
Sat Jan 12 22:45:00 GMT 2008

Hi Pramod,

> Can i please have an idea how does G++ Generates the error message that are displayed on the output screen while compiling? Are there any tables that are used to reference abt the errors, how they detect the errors and how does g++ generate them? Can u please give me a help? I need these information for my University Project...

Certainly!  That's the beauty of open-source!

Error messages are generated at various points in the compiler pipeline, when a violation is detected pertinent to that stage in the compilation process.

You can download and inspect the GCC source for more details:
http://gcc.gnu.org/mirrors.html

HTH,
--Eljay